Logo

Search > Search Results > Magnes collection on the Brandeis-Bardin Institute

  • Main
  • More ...
  • Content Language
Item ID   156585    
Open more fields Accession Number   BANC MSS 2010.667 similar items
Open more fields Other Number   WJHC 1968.025 AR1 (legacy) similar items
·  Number   WJHC 1968.025 AR1 similar items
·  Type   legacy similar items
Level of description   Collection similar items
Title   Magnes collection on the Brandeis-Bardin Institute similar items
Filing Title   Magnes collection on the Brandeis-Bardin Institute similar items
Open more fields Date Created   1957-1986 similar items
Extent and Quantity   1 box (.2 linear feet) similar items
Biographical History   In 1940, inspired by Louis D. Brandeis, Dr. Shlomo Bardin founded the Brandeis Camp Institute to teach secular Jews about Jewish culture and the Jewish religion. In 1977, this Jewish retreat in Simi Valley was renamed the Brandeis-Bardin Institute. It has since become a major center of Jewish culture and learning and is now the Brandeis-Bardin Campus of American Jewish University. similar items
Scope and Content   Collection includes Brandeis-Bardin Institute materials collected over the years by the Magnes staff. These materials include scattered newsletters (1960-1978), clippings, pamphlets and publicity materials, printed addresses delivered over the years by various dignitaries, and dedication booklets. similar items
Link to this Item   http://magnesalm.org/notebook_fext.asp?site=magnes&book=156585 similar items
Link to OCLC WorldCat   http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/76892081    
Link to UC Berkeley OskiCat   http://oskicat.berkeley.edu/record=b18311337~S1    
Link to Magnes.org   http://www.magnes.org/collections/archives/western-jewish-americana/magnes-collection-brandeis-bardin-institute-1954-1988    
Powered by IDEA-ALM